A church that speaks your language; a service you will understand
Far from home, but close to God. Welcome to Mannheim! Here you have many brothers and sisters in the Lord. Also in the protestant church FeG Mannheim: We have a wonderful and open community: It ranges from small groups (cell groups; „Hauskreise“) to Youth Group or the joint Sunday church service.
A Church Service that connects you
The heartbeat of our church is the Sunday service. The sermon will be translated into English. We worship, praise and thank God in songs and prayers, together we read the Bible and listen to a sermon. We celebrate our service in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen!
Our congregation is a growing and open evangelical church in Mannheim with many young people. You’ll find all generations and people from many countries. We translate our service into English. We use the free app Plumbel (for Androit systems) or Mumblefy (for iOS), which you can download now you. If you don‘ t have a smart phone, we will lend you one for the church service – also a headset.
How does it work?
We will set up the app in the church. If you have no smart phone, we will lend you one for the church service – also a headset.
Where is the church service and how do I get there?
- Location: Eisenbahnstraße 14, 68199 Mannheim
- Time: Sunday Church Service, 10:10 a.m.
- Directions: You can take the Bus 710 or the Tram 1 and get off at Station „Neckarau Bahnhof, Mannheim“. From here it is easy to find: Follow the route on google maps. You have to use the tunnel below the rails.
Some people from our church take the train too, so we can set a meeting point in front of the main station in Mannheim and go together to the church service. If you would like to join us, please contact me (Stefan Schnabel; eMail: Schnabel.Ste@googlemail.com; phone 01575 32 88 173)
What we believe – our credo
Do you know the Apostles‘ Creed? If we confess together during worship our faith, then we all agree.
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit
and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic* Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen
I find this confession carries in a wonderful way many significant content of our faith together. * In the sens of „universel“.
Linked with Jesus; connected in Christ
As a local church community in Mannheim we work not isolated. We are connected with many other Christian communities and churches. These include the Evangelical Alliance Mannheim. Itis a brilliant platform to organize evangelistic campaigns in Mannheim or to make common prayer weeks.
The doctrinal of the World Evangelical Alliance shall be the central truths of Christianity, as revealed in Scripture, including:
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all people since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one holy universal Church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Now you’ve read a lot about us. But more genius is yet to meet us. We look forward to welcoming you! If you have a question or do not know how you can come to church, do not hesitate to contact us – contact:
Anita and Stefan Schnabel
Phone: 0621 – 30 78 60 99
Mobile: 01575 32 88 173
Maybe you know Stefan from the INSIGHT Mannheim, whichc is an offered by the Christian student associations SMD Mannheim and SfC Mannheim. If you search more churchs in Mannheim, you can use the homepage www.jesus-in-mannheim.de as well.